DOT Physical Exam in Gilbert AZ
Driver Friendly DOT Physical Exam - $60.00*
Get your CDL medical physical exam in 30 minutes, in 3 EASY STEPS:
- Just bring a smiling face, a way to pay, and a need to pee –
DOT EXAM STEPS
STEP 1. Fill out the NEW Electronic DOT Exam Form on your computer, tablet, or phone. No printing needed!
STEP 2. Complete your DOT physical exam with doctor Howard Fern, D.C. who is a medical certified examiner for FMCSA*.
- Review of brief medical history
- Height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, range of motion, heart, lungs, eyes, ears
- Discuss special medical conditions
- Urinalysis for basic urinalysis test
STEP 3. We complete your paperwork. Photo ID required.
- You will receive the original DOT medical form. We will be happy to fax/e-mail a copy to your company.
- You will receive a laminated medical card for your wallet.
- We will keep a scanned copy of your DOT physical form on file at our office. (Just in case you misplace it)
- We will schedule your reminder notification via e-mail or text so you do not miss your next exam.
- $60.00 exam with cash or company check. $70.00 for credit or debit card. Pre-authorized company accounts are welcomed.
DOT Drug Alcohol Testing in Gilbert
DOT Physical Phoenix provides several types of Drug testing:
We are DOT certified in Drug Urine collections.
- DOT 5 Panel Drug Test - $60.00 cash, $70.00 with card
This panel test for cocaine, amphetamine/methamphetamine, opiates, PCP, and THC.
- Non DOT 7 Panel Drug Test- $60.00 cash, $70.00 with card
- Non DOT Rapid 12 Panel Drug Test- $50.00 cash, $60.00 with card
The rapid drug tests panel tests for Cocaine, Marijuana, PCP, Amphetamines, Opiates, Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates, Methadone, Tricyclic Antidepressants, Ecstasy, Oxycodone, Methamphetamines.
- We are a collection site for many companies -$25.00
- We participate in drug testing consortium
The price includes collection, the test, MRO (Medical review officer) report (if needed) and a report.
Tips and Answers
Here, you’ll find TIPS from Doctor Fern to make your DOT physical as quick, simple, and hassle-free as possible.
Here, in our frequently asked questions, you’ll find answers to questions we hear from drivers about what is required to certify for a CDL medical card and what may cause a driver to fail the DOT physical exam.
Appointment Times – Call (480) 649-5868
Monday: 8:30am to 6:00pm
Tuesday: 8:30am to 2:00pm
Wednesday: 8:30am to 6:00pm
Thursday: 8:30am to 6:00pm
Friday: 8:30am to 2:00pm
3048 E. Baseline Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85233
Tel: (480) 649-5868
Click here to Email us
DOT Physical Exam: Things to Plan in Advance:
If you have a medical condition you’re going to need some paperwork:
- Diabetic Condition – Bring a list of medications and name of prescribing doctor.
- High Blood Pressure - Bring a list of medications and name of prescribing doctor.
- Heart Condition – If you’ve had a heart attack or cardiovascular disease, you’ll need to bring a copy of your last stress test.
- Sleep Apnea – Bring a copy of your latest sleep test results, if you have one.
- Medications – List all the prescription medicines you take, including strength and dosage. If you regularly take over-the counter medications, such as antacids or allergy pills, list them, too.
- Contact information – Have names and phone numbers of your doctors in case you need to call and have them fax missing information.
DOT Physical Exam: Things To Do to Manage Your Blood Pressure:
- Make sure you don’t run out of your prescribed blood-pressure medication.
- Remember to take your medication on schedule. If you forget, most doctors recommend taking your medication as soon as possible.
- If you’re significantly late taking your medication, tell the doctor conducting the DOT physical you forgot to take your regular medication. If your blood pressure is too high, ask to have it rechecked later that day – or even the following day.
- Cutting back on caffeine and nicotine can help improve your blood pressure.
- Reducing the amount of salty foods you eat and avoiding adding salt to your food can also help to lower your blood pressure.
- The week before your DOT physical exam, cut back on coffee, sodas, energy drinks, potato chips, etc, and don’t add salt to your food. Also reduce your use of nicotine as much as possible. Doing this can help lower your blood pressure reading.
The Day of the DOT Physical Exam:
- Remember to bring the medical records you’ve prepared in advance, including your list of medications.
- Remember to bring eye glasses and /or hearing aid (it’s surprising how many people forget this).
- Drink water. Come with a need to pee.
Getting Past ‘White Coat’ Syndrome:
- First off, we understand that this is a very real concern for some drivers.
- Secondly, we work with drivers all day long. We understand that passing your DOT physical exam is important to your continued career and your livelihood, and we’re here to do everything we can to help you.
- Lastly, there are no white coats in our clinic
Back Pain? Neck Pain? Shoulder Pain? Leg Pain?
Repetitive strain injury builds up over time in long distance drivers. Many drivers come in to see us with back pain. One of the injuries Dr. Fern sees often is ‘truckers shoulder‘. Others come in with hip and leg pain. Chiropractic adjustment is a key treatment Dr. Fern uses to help patients get out of pain and improve their ability to perform their work. Our clinic has Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Acupuncture, Physiotherapy to help you get out of pain quickly. If you have pain, ask Dr. Fern about it. If he can help you he’ll tell you! If it’s not a condition he can help, he’ll tell you that too!
Tips For DOT Physical
At A Plus Chiropractic Care we do DOT Physical Exams and DOT Drug Alcohol Testing.
Quick, accurate, and hassle free.
No appointment necessary. Walk-ins are welcome, or call (480) 649-5868 to guarantee a time that works for you.
Your DOT doctor at A Plus Chiropractic Care is Dr. Howard Fern. Most drivers just call him “Doc”. We have been working with commercial drivers for more than ten years so he understands the importance of you passing your DOT physical exam for your CDL. Our goal at A Plus Chiropractic Care is twofold: To support you in protecting your livelihood, and to help you with improved lifestyle choices for your health and for your life. We do our best to help you prepare for your DOT physical exam and make your CDL medical certification as hassle free as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at (480) 649-5868 today!
|Monday||8:30am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am - 2:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:30am - 6:00pm|
|Thursday||8:30am - 6:00pm|
|Friday||8:30am - 2:00pm|